U11 , like all other Lacrosse divisions, is based on birth year. For a listing of the registration divisions and their corresponding birth years please check out our registration page here
For the 2023 Season birth years for U11 are 2013/2014
U11 program does not follow a set schedule - 2-3 events(games/practices) are a good estimate weekly
The U11 season is set up as follows:
- U11 players typically play games twice a week throughout the season.
- Game days have yet to be determined for the 2023 U11 season.
- U11 teams can expect to practice each week as well.
- Most U11 teams participate in tournaments throughout the season, tournament participation is determined by each team.
- The U11 season ends at the end of June, with the possibility of tournaments and Provincial competition into the beginning of July.
- U11 players require full gear. A visual representation of required gear can be found here.
Registration opens in early 2023
U11 is a non-parity division (like-skilled/tiered groupings, called Development 1, 2 & 3), so players are evaluated to create equal teams.
The U11 program follows the guidelines as set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Plan.
- Regular box rules apply
- Fall back rule
- The fall back rule applies when to the goaltender is in possession of the ball. All defensive players must enter the neutral zone. Once all the defensive players are in their neutral zone, they are free to go wherever they want. The goalie must pass the ball to one of the offensive players who must be outside of the 24 foot dotted line
- Play with the 30-second clock
Teams play in a league and league statistics are kept to determine playoff positions. Playoffs are played to determine city champions.