Girls Novice, like all other Lacrosse divisions, is based on birth year. For a listing of the registration divisions and their corresponding birth years please check out our registration page here
The Novice Girls season is set up as follows:
- Novice Girls players typically play games twice a week throughout the season.
- Novice teams can expect to practice each week as well.
- Most Novice teams participate in tournaments throughout the season, tournament participation is determined by each team.
- The Novice season ends at the end of June, with the possibility of tournaments and Provincial competition into the beginning of July.
- Novice players require full gear. A visual representation of required gear can be found here.
To register, click here.
The Novice program follows the guidelines as set forth by the Canadian Lacrosse Association Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) Plan.
- Regular box rules apply
- Fall back rule is in effect
- Play with the 30-second clock
Girls Novice is a parity division. The players will be evaluated to insure parity distribution.
Teams play in a league and league statistics are kept to determine playoff positions. Playoffs are played to determine city champions.
For more information, please contact the Novice Girls coordinator, Marie-Eve McDonaugh.